Whenever you’re installing a new cPanel server, it is very irresponsible to run it just as it is. There is much work to do after the installation. The biggest part of the maintenance works and administrative tasks are being done by installing cPanel/WHM plugins to will help in completing these tasks better and faster.
As a result of years of experience with Linux/cPanel servers, we decided to share our thoughts in this blog. And we would like to dedicate the first post to recommendations of our favorite cPanel/WHM plugins. These help you to configure your server properly and to improve the performance and capabilities.
The list is based on our own experience with each plugin.
The list of recommended cPanel/WHM plugin
- Clean Backups
cPanels backup script allows avoiding removal of backups for terminated accounts, saving these backups on the backup drive up to removal by the administrator.
- Comodo Web Application Firewall (CWAF)
The plugin CWAF provides you published predefined Free ModSecurity Rules from Comodo And management in WHM.
- ConfigServer Explorer (cse)
The plugin provides you with a full featured File system explorer and a Virtual Console to use within your web browser in WHM.
- ConfigServer Mail Manage (cmm)
The plugin provides you with an interface for the cPanel user email accounts configuration, without having to perform a login to their accounts.
- ConfigServer Mail Queues (cmq)
The plugin provides you with a full featured interface for controlling the cPanel exim email queues within WHM.
- ConfigServer ModSecurity Control (cmc)
The plugin provides you with an interface for the cPanel mod_security implementation from within WHM.
- ConfigServer eXploit Scanner (cxs)
The plugin provides a full protection from exploitation by scanning files each time they’re uploaded to the server, including the following scenarios:
- Actively on all file uploads within user accounts using the cxs Watch daemon regardless of how they were uploaded
- PHP upload scripts (via a mod_security or suhosin hook)
- Perl upload scripts (via a mod_security hook)
- CGI upload scripts (via a mod_security hook)
- Any other web script type that utilizes the HTML form ENCTYPE multipart/form-data (via a mod_security hook)
- ConfigServer Security&Firewall
A Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) firewall, Login/Intrusion Detection and Security application for Linux servers.
- Domains Statistics
This plugin gives you the ability to get organized information about the domains that are hosted on your server.
- Remote MX Wizard
This plugin was developed for web hosting companies, webmasters and website developers that have to setup domains with remote MX records in the everyday work..
- Installatron Applications Installer
Installatron is a developed provider for web application automation Installation cPanel plugin.
- Restore Manager Recommended!!!
This plugin allows cPanel users to easily self restore individual database and domain files directly from the server backup folders, without downloading the whole account backup.
- Nginx Admin
This plugin Nginx Admin is a cPanel Nginx integration plugin. This plugin will increase your server performance and decrease server loads cased by apache.
Last updated on: 14/01/2015